1. Sunset at Ocean Beach on Easter Weekend. To me, Southern California beaches are for fun, and sunbathing, and water sports galore! And San Francisco beaches are where you go to write sad poetry. Even on a clear day, I can’t fight the melancholy.
2. First time to San Rafael. Though it’s less than 20 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge, it feels like a completely different world. Cue, wild turkeys.
3. I love a good list of recommended books to read, but please, it’s 2014. Stop recommending Hunger Games. Chances are, people have heard of it by now. It just gives me the impression that you don’t read a lot.
4. When I read style posts, I tend to gravitate towards layering, like this outfit for instance found on Happily Grey, or this leather and lace combo over at Penny Pincher Fashion. But when it’s actually time for me to get dressed, I realized that when you’re running after a toddler all day, tucked in shirts are the bane of my existence.
5. Reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and tears! They don’t stop coming! Looking forward to following it up with Where She Went. Maybe I’ll write a post on it if I can wrap my head around the whole ‘sacrifice’ versus ‘choice’ theme. Why is it often the YA novels that have such great impact?