1. 26 foot tall bronze elephant by Spanish artist, Miquel Barcelo, defies gravity in Union Square.
2. Waking up to my baby boy, fixated (and occasionally growling at) the birds and squirrels in the trees outside.
3. Thousands of NYPD gathered in Union Square, cop cars barricading the streets, and choppers circling the sky, yet, “Everything is safe, or we wouldn’t be here,” indicates an officer. Anyone know what was going on?
4. Fuzzy purple and white flowers at the Union Square Greenmarket. Does anyone know what kind of flower this is? I asked the vendor, but immediately forgot as I didn’t write it down. Also, sadly, did not have $8 cash in my wallet.
5. Sitting (and working) with The Honey at Bourbon Cafe, which would be my favorite coffee shop in the city if the had faster Internet.